- Involved: Enagás, Hydrogenious
- Size: Green hydrogen production from 1GW renewable electricity
- Technology: Development of a large-scale green hydrogen production and its
associated value chain
- Status: Planning phase
- Location: Spain and central Europe
- Project website: https://www.hydrogen4climateaction.eu/projects
The Green Spider project aims to develop green hydrogen production on a large scale, and its associated transport value chain across Spain and into Central Europe. The project will produce green hydrogen from more than 1 GW renewable electricity, considering wind, solar and hydro. The green hydrogen will be locally consumed and exported to Europe using LOHC technology, thereby aiming to decarbonize all sectors and strengthen the European energy network.